Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, October 19, 2012

The fun has started...

Every single day since Blakeley was born has been fun and exciting. Sure, days have been hard, but those days you forget. With each passing day, we see that she is learning something new and it's beginning to be so much fun as we get to interact with her more.

Last night, we had a BIG milestone! Blakeley rolled over for the first time from tummy to back! I was so excited that I screamed and started crying....then she started crying! I tried to get her to do it again so I could video her but of course, she was over it and probably thought she did something wrong with the way I acted! haha!

I was one of those mom's that was googling everything she should be doing and was so discouraged because she HATED tummy time, wouldn't prop herself up and wasn't rolling over like she should have been. Now I see, every baby is different and will do it at their own pace. I was so proud of her! They say the norm for tummy time is 30 mins a day. We don't do ours all at once because she gets fussy but we do it as long and she will, then if she gets mad, roll her over to her back and let her play and once she has calmed down, put her back on her tummy. Just this week, she has started propping herself up with her arms. Putting her in front of the tv was a big help!

I can't wait to see what she does next! I miss her being a tiny, tiny baby but, I'm so excited for the fun little girl she's becoming! I will leave you with a picture from last night :)


1 comment: